I’m totally digging these wedding details I found on Martha Stewart Weddings today.
Category Archives: Wedding
This is the most glorious color combination that works perfectly for a low-key spring or summer wedding. The subtle colors compliment the colors found in nature. I’ve never seen a park picnic table look so enchanting.
I’m working on creating a Oneleven signature line of wedding invitations and hope to have 12 sets finished by the end of the summer. I have finished a couple and have them listed on Etsy. Take a peek at my most recent design.
An awesome color scheme is one thing that makes a wedding stand out – but seriously a paper flower wedding cake takes it to a whole new level.
I love working with other creatives. Photographers are often some of my favorites to collaborate with – especially on wedding album designs. Not all photographers are designers and this is where a great working relationship can be built. With a background in layout, a knowledge of how white space compliments images, a love for grids and an eye for visually telling a story through images, I can provide unique wedding album designs for all styles of photographers.
Here’s a little bit about my process:
1. Become a client. Simply fill out the contact form on the website or send me an email at Laura@onelevencreative.com. Once I create an account for you, along with an FTP page, we are ready to go.
2. Choose the design style. Every photographer and every bride for that matter has a different design aesthetic. In order to provide our photographer clients with the best possible albums, there are three album design styles to choose from.
a. Oneleven Signature album design
b. Color Block album design
c. Rich & Layered album design
3. Upload your photographs. Once you’ve chosen your album design style, it’s time to upload your photographs. The most effective way to label your photos is in chronological order. Please separate your images into two different folders – “include” and “extras.” All of the “include” images will be featured in the album and any “extras” will be included in any area where it would enhance the album. Shoot me an email when your photos are uploaded, along with other album details such as number of spreads, size and album type.
4. Relax. Your work is over after your files are uploaded. You worked hard enough to take the photographs and edit them and now it is your turn to relax. Take this time to work on your business plan, market yourself, research other top-notch photographers, learn a new editing technique or simply living your life. Needless to say, you can trust Oneleven Wedding to produce an album that will wow your client and show-off you images in their best possible light.
5. Review the album. After two business weeks, you will receive an email that your first proof album files are ready to be reviewed. You can download the high resolution jpgs or pdfs from your FTP page and review them with your client. Next, fill out the revision form and email it to me.
6. Download final album files. In about five business days, I will send you an email letting you know that your final album files are ready to be downloaded from the FTP site.
These bright colors of pinks and robin egg blue would be perfect for a summer wedding or vintage bridal shower.
Image via Decor8
Succulents make the most gorgeous and organic centerpieces, bouquets and details for a wedding. There is something really beautiful and modern about incorporating cacti into wedding decor. See how some brides used succulents into their special day.
No.1: Jessica Lewis Photography via Wedding Chicks.
No. 2: Sweet and Saucy Shop via Melody’s twitter @mysweetandsaucy
No. 3 & No. 4: Ever Whim Photography via Grey Likes Weddings
No. 5: Katherine Obrien via Once Wed
There aren’t many times you hear the words circus and wedding in the same sentence but this big tent inspired shoot is so much fun. I started reading Water for Elephants (only 60 pages in, but I’m hopeful it will be good) and it got me picturing all of the bright colors and whimsy associated with a circus. To view more photos from this shoot, visit Style Me Pretty.
College was such an amazing time in my life and I met some of the most amazing people on the planet! Ashley and I met our first week as freshmen and became instant friends. Ashley is one of those people who radiates life and energy, and has a huge heart. After moving to Philly for grad school, she met a lovely boy named Thomas. Fast forward a couple of years and here they are now planning their August 7th wedding.
I have the honor of designing their wedding stationery. Last month the save the dates were sent out and now I’m in the midst of working on their wedding invitation.
Check out their engagement shoot with Seth Shimkonis Photography.
I could get lost on Etsy for hours. With everything from shops that sell vintage cameras to handmade jewelry to ipad covers, Etsy is an awesome site for browsing for anything you need – and even discovering some things you didn’t even know existed.
Etsy is wedding gold! Through purchasing items for your wedding on Etsy, you can create a totally unique wedding while supporting individuals working hard to make a living off their art.
One of my favorite shops is Pixel & Hank. Inspired designer, Daisy creates gorgeous accessories that are perfect for the modern bride and groom. Now feast your eyes on some of her modern glam accessories: